Temp to Hire (based on performance/business needs)?: Yes
Work Schedule: 2nd shift (3:30pm-12:00am + OT)
OT Requirements: May include hours before or after the regular work schedule, up to two Saturdays per month and occasional Sundays
Pay Rate: $13.00/hr + $.50/hr shift differential = $13.50/hr
Standard Interview Availability: 1:30pm-3:00pm (M-F), start time at 30-minute intervals
General Statement of Position Scope:
Hybrid role which includes assembly and crating responsibilities. Assemble and perform high voltage electrical/mechanical tests according to IEEE/ANSI standards, product drawings and work instructions, on single and multi-phase high voltage solid dielectric vacuum switches and controls. Utilize high voltage equipment, specialized and standardized tools. Interpret production drawings and work instructions, which include wire schematics, outlines, BOM’s and wire diagrams. Utilize internal operating systems to access drawings and files. Manufacture crating for transportation of ABB products using drills, saws, and
Specific Responsibilities (for assembly)
• Assemble and build high voltage solid dielectric switches and control panels, utilizing standardized tools and equipment.
• Ability to perform point to point wiring on control panels. Assemble devices on pre-drilled/tapped stainless steel panels using drawings and schematics.
• Prepare wire terminations utilizing soldering and/or crimping techniques for terminal device terminations.
• Relay any discrepancies/non-conformance related issues to the responsible individual.
• Complete all documentation and follow specific work instructions as required.
• Must be able to work in a team environment while interfacing with team members that include product/manufacturing engineering and other internal/external customers.
• Assist in training other associates as required.
• Must be willing to learn new processes and procedures.
• Maintain and sustain 5S processes and safety practices, including the use of PPEs as required.
• Perform, as assigned, other similar or related duties.
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
• Able to lift to 40lbs. Able to complete 8-hour shift from a standing position.
• Able to work alone or on a team.
• Proficient with tools such as panel saw, hand circular saw, table saw, powered mitre saw, drills/drivers, pneumatic nail guns (PRIMARY TARGET QUALIFICATION)
• Forklift license is a plus
• Able to read mechanical drawings and follow steps.
• Manufacturing/electromechanical assembly experience is preferred. Previous experience verifying mechanical aptitude is required
Proficient with tools such as Screwdrivers, air ratchets, wrenches, torque wrenches, and battery powered drivers (SECONDARY TARGET QUALIFICATION)