As the Application Engineer, you are the primary technical resource for the sales team and are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. You will work together with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate. In this role, you must be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. You must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- excellent bonding and rapport working in a team environment.
- exceptional organizational skills.
- proficiency in MS word, Excel, PowerPoint, CAD and Solid Works.
- BA/BS in Engineering, technical field, or equivalent successful experience in a similar role.
- 3–5 years’ experience in engineering, read architectural, mechanical and electrical blueprints and have a solid understanding of basic electrical and mechanical systems.
- ability to articulate technology and product positioning to both non-technical and technical users.
- ability to provide design and specification development support to consultants, end users, and contractors.
- ability to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFQs.
- assist in the design and development of new products and tools.
- understand and convey customer requirements to the sales and engineering teams.
- write technical and white papers that showcase the company’s products and offerings.
- ability to occasionally travel to project sites to perform start-up, troubleshooting, and training services and identify customer’s needs and potential sales opportunities.
In addition to a competitive salary and advancement opportunities, the position also offers a generous benefits package consisting of comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and profit-sharing plans.