Experienced with powertrain assembly, special machine design or applicable experience. We are looking for Inventor (or Solidworks ) 3D design experience and also AutoCAD 2D skills.
Summary - Responsible for mechanical equipment design from concept through the development of final layouts and bills of material. Reviews, interprets and supports the development of specifications, develops concept sketches, develops final layouts and bills of material, supports manufacturing and build of equipment, and resolves mechanical commissioning issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes equipment design, feasibility studies, preparation of specifications, and technical documentation.
- Carries out engineering solutions and designs in compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements and project specifications. Applies design standards and generic design patterns.
- Develops and designs mechanical solutions for equipment of different kinds that provides specified and required functionality and cost effectiveness.
- Review and interpret mechanical specifications.
- Develop concept sketches for mechanical devices related to assembly systems.
- Develop design/layout of cost unit & cost unit element.
- Present/review design with others including customer.
- Create balloon layout.
- Create details drawings and check drawings for proper detailing.
- Create all necessary deliverables for engineering release including bill of material (BOM), and then release BOM for procurement.
- Regular attendance at the assigned job site(s).