Will produce mechanical detail drawings using computer aided drafting software. Designs can be fully automated machines, robot cells, Semi-automated machines or Manual work areas. Consult with designers, engineers to ensure accuracy. Use 2D and 3D drawings produced by designers in order to create detail drawings. Utilize knowledge of GD&T. Maintain drawing files and records.
Typical duties/responsibilities for engineering may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Under general supervision of Lead Engineers and with considerable latitude for independent contribution, you will support the design needs of various Customer Specific as well as Commercial products.
• Use rough engineering notes, drawings, sketches and verbal instructions.
• Create and update designs and subsequent drawing packages for fabrication drawings, fixtures designs, and BOM input to Document Control.
• Investigate pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, interchangeability, availability of materials, tooling and equipment, interchangeability, replace ability and serviceability.
• Gather and analyze design information, make studies and perform research regarding materials or parts needed for design using applicable handbook data and good working knowledge of available catalog and standard parts and components.
• Collaborate with production to solve manufacturing issues and problems.
• Interface closely with employees, customers and vendors, and may be called on to give guidance or direction to other designers.
• Create System layouts and Final documentation for customer deliverable.
• 5 years Powertrain Assembly Design experience is required, up to 10 years is preferred
• Expert-level proficiency with AutoCAD 14 and SolidWorks 2019.
• Installation/field design experience required.
• Thorough understanding of applicable codes, OSHA regulations, etc. as pertains to Powertrain equipment required.
• Supervisory/management experience preferred.
• Ability to follow up with budget and schedule projections.
• Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
Typical equipment which applicants are expected to be familiar with:
• Electro-mechanical press station
• Nutrunner station to torque bolts to various parts for engine, axles, transmissions
• Manual operator station using hand tools, lift assists, hand held spindles
• EOAT (End-of Arm Tools) for robots for a variety of different applications
• Gage Station to measure parts using Solatron probes
• Machine layouts
• Assembly line plant layouts
• Station layouts
• Robotic Cell layouts
• Material handling tools and layouts