Temp to Hire (based on performance/business needs)?: Yes; this is an entry-level position for which the ideal candidate will transition into a PM role once they have adequate exposure to internal processes and procedures.
Pay Rate: $18.00-24.00/hr
Project Planning Coordinator
Monitoring and control of project schedules to ensure Project Teams are performing in accordance with defined project timelines to meet customer requirements. It consists of managing a portfolio of project schedules and report on project Key Activity Indicators (KAI) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to provide early indication of project performance issues. Suggest and implement process improvement initiatives to ensure customer satisfaction and improve project schedule performance.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist project teams with creating and updating of project schedules in Project Management scheduling software.
• Standardize project schedules including milestones and delivery gates across departments.
• Gather project schedules to create a collective report on the project timeline status of a portfolio of 100+ projects.
• Collaborate with Project Managers and project staff to obtain weekly updates on project progression.
• Control project timeline quality through tools and established approval flows. Assist project teams with identifying and capturing Lessons Learned due to schedule delays from various quality impacts.
• Facilitate a weekly executive planning status meeting to update department management on project timeline and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) status.
• Ensure project ISO compliance documentation is completed and stored through the progression of project via project gate reviews.
Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business, or related field.
Experience with/exposure to project management environment and processes.
Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Excel, and SharePoint is preferred