|Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
* Provide proactive leadership of all EHS and medical issues.
* Ensure compliance of plant operations with regulatory requirements relating to air, solid waste, chemical, water, health and safety.
* Drive accountability with all functions and associates to aggressively reduce accident and injuries.
* Implement and lead safety committee to increase levels of safety performance.
* Lead facility in finalizing of attainment and maintenance of OSHA VPP Certification.
* Apply ergonomic principles to improve workstations and minimize injuries.
* Develop and maintain excellent local and state agency relationships
* Reduce worker's compensation and disability costs.
* Perform associated and other duties as required.
* BS or BA in Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Engineering or related field
* Minimum 5 years experience in leading environmental and safety compliance programs in a manufacturing environment
* Demonstrated ability to lead in a cross-functional team environment.
* Ability to prioritize and drive multiple programs.
* Demonstrated knowledge of EHS, and government regulations.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Advanced computer skills.
* Effective integration skills desired
* Master’s Degree in an EHS discipline
* Six Sigma Greenbelt Certified.
* Audit experience or qualifications
* Certified Safety Professional and/or Certified Environmental Professional
Morristown is a producer of load centers and safety switches. Successful candidate will have an opportunity to join a team that has led a dramatic improvement in structure and accountability. We are in the midst of attaining VPP certification and are looking for someone who not only has the ability to drive the attainment of this goal but also ensure ongoing improvements in order to ensure ongoing certification.