Under the direction of production supervision, the Production Assembler I builds the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost, meeting company production standards, and customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Typical duties/responsibilities for operations may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assemble products, following Engineering documents, ensuring the highest quality products, meeting company product standards, production goals, and customer specifications and delivery requirements.
- Operate computer to check schedules, update manufacturing status of jobs.
- Perform operator based Go-No Go testing per procedures.
- Continually monitor quality of parts used in the assembly process.
- Assist in the training of other employees, addressing and resolving inquiries and problems.
- Perform material handling activities as required.
- Review assembly processes and methods and recommend changes to ensure the continuous, ongoing improvement of productivity and quality.
- Interface with engineering to accurately communicate information.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documentation, reject tickets, etc.
- Participate actively in team meetings and group discussions.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
Complexity of Tasks
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
High School Diploma and some relevant experience.