. The primary skill set for positions are experience with Inventor 3D, SolidWorks 3D, or NX 3D design and AutoCAD 2D skills. Experience with automation, powertrain assembly, or special machine design is also preferred.
Summary - Responsible for mechanical equipment design from concept through the development of final layouts and bills of material. Reviews, interprets and supports the development of specifications, develops concept sketches, develops final layouts and bills of material, supports manufacturing and build of equipment, and resolves mechanical commissioning issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes equipment design, feasibility studies, preparation of specifications, and technical documentation.
- Carries out engineering solutions and designs in compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements and project specifications. Applies design standards and generic design patterns.
- Develops and designs mechanical solutions for equipment of different kinds that provides specified and required functionality and cost effectiveness.
- Review and interpret mechanical specifications.
- Develop concept sketches for mechanical devices related to assembly systems.
- Develop design/layout of stations based on provided station specification.
- Present/review design with others including customer.
- Create balloon layout.
- Create details drawings and check drawings for proper detailing.
- Create all necessary deliverables for engineering release including bill of material (BOM), and then release BOM for procurement.
- Regular attendance at the assigned job site(s).
- Follows station design, supporting issues through assembly and run-off.
- Field checks as needed at customer sites.