Electrician Pay Rate: 25 hour
Pay commensurate with experience. Mgr will make final decision.
Job Summary: Responsible for performing general journey-level work in the design, installation, construction, modification, repair and maintenance of electrical apparatuses, equipment and systems placing safety above all other objectives.
• Troubleshoot, monitor and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, data cable and electrical equipment including but not limited to programmable conveyor controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gages, motors and test equipment. Power distribution systems and circuits.
• Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical, and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electric codes, properties of various materials and principles of operation and application of electrical equipment.
• Install, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures and in line with OSHA requirements.
• Inform management and associates of potential electrical/mechanical problems and any inherent danger involved.
• Maintain and repair conveyor and sorter system as needed.
• Performs facility-wide electrical maintenance and preventative maintenance functions as required.
• Other duties as deemed necessary or assigned
• Vocational school or junior technical college training in electronics.
• 3-5 years previous industrial electrical maintenance experience in an automated warehouse environment with conveyor systems.
• State license required (Grade III- Installation and Industrial Electrician).
• NFPA7OE training
• At least 1 year electrical training under a Journeymen Electrical a plus.
• Ability to read schematics and drawings of the distribution center.
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Good communication skills (verbal and written).
• Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
• Not afraid of height – Ability to climb and work on elevated surfaces.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
• Detailed and team oriented.
• Flexible to work different shift if necessary and overtime with little or no notice.