|Pay Rate is $25.12
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Fit and weld assemblies per job instructions and drawings.
• Perform code (ASME & AWS) compliant welds using GTAW, GTAW-P & FCAW processes to include in 6G position.
• Perform joint preparation per drawings & code specifications.
• Properly use fabrication shop hand tools. (grinders, drills, air tools etc.)
• If Required Operate Forklifts & Overhead Cranes.
• If Required Operate Vertical/Horizontal Band Saws.
• Rig, hoist/lift & move materials.
• Maintain safe and clean work environment.
• Operate Positioners and indexers
• Read and understand plans and specifications, including blueprints and drawings
• Read and understand plans and specifications, including blueprints and drawings.
• Plan, lay-out, weld, install test and repair all types of pipe and similar tubular products in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards.
• Produce quality work, meeting requirements of plans, specifications and industry standards.
• Follow established job-site safety and regulations and maintain a safe and clean work area. Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards.
• Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut, assemble, weld and install all types of pipe and/or similar tubular products; install supports, valves and other control equipment; test installed piping systems and install all other related items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications; bolt, clamp or weld parts to secure in position for welding; weld components according to specific process and code.
• -Completes work defined by lead or production manager each day in regard to welding or fitting on all products within guidelines specified by Production Document Packages or manufacturing orders.
• -Completes all quality control checks to insure that all products meet quality standard and are within tolerances specified. Verifies all work with proper instruments.
• High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
• Over 3 years up to and including 5 years related work experience.
• Working knowledge of shop travelers (work instructions) for nuclear (ASME III & Safety Related) fabrications
• Readily certifiable to GTAW, GTAW-P & FCAW processes.
• Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds
• Must be able to pass all pre-employment weld testing given by testing provider.
• Employee may travel to factory location in Louisiana for additional training upon hire.
• Use of moderate physical activity. Frequent lifting or moving of average weight material. Occasionally lifting of heavy material.
• ASME/PED for SS and Hast Alloy certification. GTAW, GTAW-P & FCAW processes
• Must be able to perform basic mathematics, read and understand drawings and specifications
• Experience in pipe welding
• Must be willing to train and learn a variety of operations and work on these operations as required
• Must be able to read, write and communicate in the English language
• Good knowledge of measuring tools (calipers, micrometers, etc.), as well as reading engineering drawings and control plans