Work Location: VA Richmond
Job Title: Light Industrial - Assembler 3
Job Description: Pay Rate: $15.00/hr
Temp to Hire (based on performance/business needs)?: Yes
Under the direction of production supervision, the Production Assembler III builds the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost, meeting company production standards, and customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Typical duties/responsibilities for operations may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assemble products according to Bill of Material ensuring the proper parts, components, revisions of parts, and documentation are included.
• Determine wire routing, cut, strip, label, crimp and terminate wire and secure bundles in accordance with engineering documentation.
• Layout cabinets, determining locations of components, wire and duct runs.
• Select proper hardware, and as necessary, drill, tap, punch, cut to mount components in cabinets and on panels.
• Continually monitor quality of parts used in the assembly process.
• Check sub assemblies and final assemblies for completeness and visible damage, ensuring conformance with quality standards.
• Perform operator based testing per procedures. Download software in AC and DC Drives in accordance with engineering documentation.
• Perform material handling activities, moving cabinets, carts, skids, wire spools, and floor stock.
• Ensure the completion and maintenance of all required paperwork, records, documentation, reject tickets reporting, etc.
• Follow and comply with all safety and housekeeping rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
Qualifications (PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE WITH TOOLS/ELECTROMECHANICAL ASSEMBLY IS SHOWN ON THE RESUME)
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
• 2-3 years of electromechanical assembly or related experience is required.
• Proficiency with reading engineering / mechanical assembly drawings & wiring schematics is required. Candidates must have previous work experience in this category.
• Experience with electrical harness assembly – making, not routing wires. Cutting wire from the spool, crimping, terminating ends.
• Experience with hand, hydraulic, and electric crimpers is required.
• Capable of working individually or in a team (assembly line) environment.
• Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
6:00am-2:30pm + OT (M-F). OT hours from extend to 4:30pm on Monday through Thursday, Saturdays from 6:00am-2:30pm, and occasional Sundays (based on business needs).