You need to have good knowledge of cell design and fabrication methods. Other necessary manufacturing engineer skills include project management ability, commitment to quality, and familiarity with safety and GMP standards. If you're also inventive and meticulous, we'd like to meet you.
- Design layout of equipment or work spaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Design, install, or purchase manufacturing equipment.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Working toward degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.