The Controls Project Engineer leads the design effort when multiple Controls Engineers are assigned to complete a project and maintain continuity. The Controls Project Engineer designs, checks, and troubleshoots electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic and water designs per assigned project. The objective is to design products to perform effectively and to be cost efficient. The ideal candidate is an experienced CPE with minimum of three years GM experience including GCCH and GCCS certifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Supports job project from inception through completion of program.
• Organizes and control all designated engineering, concepts, proposals, layouts, details, and reviews these with the customer.
• Attends to customer requirements. Take and keep minutes of customer meetings.
• Reviews all drawings prior to final release and insures compliance for project internal buyoffs
• Controls the Engineering Project Controls budget and ensures designs are cost effective.
• Ensures engineering compliance with all customer and or other pertaining specifications. Ensure company awareness to specifications.
• Organizes revisions
• Creates change information for estimating.
• Aids proposal department in estimating, and conception of, new projects.
• Understands and follows safety environmental regulations and identifies safety environmental concerns.
• Adheres to the Quality System and participates in continuous improvement.
EDUCATION and or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from a four year college or university; or two to four years related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Bachelor's degree (EE, CS). GM Experience and GCCH, GCCS certifications strongly preferred.