Pay Rate: $19.00-22.00/hr based off qualifications (determined by the manager after interview)
Temp to Hire (based on performance/business needs)?: Yes
Work Schedule: 2nd shift (Sun - Thurs), OT as needed; Sunday 1pm - 9:30pm, Mon - Thurs 3pm - 11:30pm (Note: First 30 - 90 days will be on 1st shift (M-F, 7am-3:30pm) for training purposes
POSITION SUMMARY - Test Technician
Quality Control consists of the inspection, sampling and testing of Company products, parts, and materials to ensure compliance with established standards of quality. It also encompasses the use of inspection equipment such as gauges, measuring instruments, electrical and chemical test equipment.
• Testing of various types of Static Switches, UPS’s, RPP’s and PDU’s.
• Able to work with limited amount of supervision.
• Able to troubleshoot high and low power.
• Very familiar with testing and troubleshooting Electronics.
• Experience with High Power 600V-208V 3-phase applications.
• PCBA programming.
• Participate in cross functional teams
• Work closely with Quality/Process and the Engineering Dept.
• Maintain 6S and a safe work area.
• Report any problems with schematics, drawings etc.
• Ability to work weekends and long hours with little or no notice.
• Work closely with production on manufacturing issues
• Associate’s degree in a related technical field.
• 3 - 5 yrs. experience testing and troubleshooting electronics and 3-phase high power. *EXPERIENCE WITH 3-PHASE POWER IS AN ESSENTIAL EXPERIENTIAL PARAMETER. CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT CONFIRM THEIR KNOWLEDGE OF THIS SUBJECT MATTER WILL BE DISQUALIFIED*
• 2+ years in a Test Lab and/or a manufacturing environment
• Thorough understanding of electrical/electronic technology.
• Proficient in using power meters and oscilloscopes
• Strong soldering skills
• Experience with Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) is preferred
• Ability to read and understand engineering documentation (blueprints, schematics, drawings, component specifications and ECN’s)
• Ability to troubleshoot to the board level.
• Ability to set-up and use electronic test equipment.
• Ability to construct and maintain test equipment.
• Strong verbal and written English language skills
• Strong computer skills (use of Excel, Word, HyperTerminal and other programs)
• Ability to understand transformer voltage, current, power calculations
• Understanding of Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) risks and safety precautions
PERSONALITY AND BEHAVIOR TRAITS
• Proven team player
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Good attention to detail
• Highly organized
• High degree of problem solving and troubleshooting
AMOUNT OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED
Routine: Receives many task assignments from supervisor, but may initiate certain tasks without supervision. Keeps supervisor informed of progress regularly. May have some management responsibilities, make key decisions and write and manage policies and procedures with guidance from supervisor.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
• Accurate testing and troubleshooting
• Accurate reporting of test results