Controls Engineer - Robot. The Controls Engineer is responsible for the programming, installation, debug, and commissioning of robotic and plc software equipment related to Company projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and/or Experience Required
- Programming, troubleshooting, and preparation of robots to customer specifications.
- Develop and implement software designs from functional specifications utilizing Siemens S7 and other software packages. Executes software product design, feasibility studies, preparation of specifications and technical documentation.
- Perform robot debug and commission activities on shop floor and customer site.
- Perform PLC debug and commission activities on shop floor and customer site.
- Carries out engineering solutions and designs in compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements and project specifications.
- Prepare software documentation for customer approval, and final documentation.
- Addresses potential problems and carries out appropriate actions individually or proposes solutions to the project engineer depending on the severity of the problem.
- Comply with and enforce all company and customer safety policies.
- Regular attendance at the assigned job site(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, and 4 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working experience programming ABB Robots is required.
- Working experience utilizing Siemens Step 7 is required.
- Proven success programming and debugging Fanuc, KUKA, or other robot programs
- Experience with AB Control Logix and Schneider (telemechanique) preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical and hardware schematics.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from customers and suppliers.
- Ability to travel up to 50%