Actively participate in activities related to launching carryover products in a new facility. This involves all pre-launch activities up to and including PPAP within the GM system.
1. Become familiar with the quality process and procedures being employed at the current production location
2. Ensure that systems, resources, and instructions are in place for performing quality activities at the new location
3. Establish a working relationship with the GM Supplier Quality Engineer responsible for Exterior Lighting products in North America.
4. Become familiar with GM’s pre-launch quality requirements and milestones.
5. Become familiar with GM’s requirements for reaction activities when a quality problem is encountered.
6. Become familiar with the assembly and inspection operations that are performed at the new facility.
7. Begin developing skills for identification of root cause when quality issues are encountered.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Familiar with working in an automotive manufacturing / assembly environment
2. Able to decipher technical information related to processes and/or product specifications.
3. Able to communicate and work effectively with others. This includes ability to:
- Send/receive e-mail
- Work in MS Excel and MS Word
- Work in customer on-line reporting databases (after being shown how to do so)
4. Comfortable with asking for help when an unfamiliar situation arises that requires a response.
5. Experience with the basic tools for Quality.
6. Fluency in Mandarin (required)
Preferred Qualifications Not Required
1. Basic understanding of GD&T related to dimensional tolerance specifications.
2. Basic understanding of DVP&R documentation related to functional specifications
3. Basic understanding of FMEAs – their use and interpretation
4. Basic understanding of how to interpret statistical data
5. Basic understanding of automotive requirements for appearance for components on the exterior of a vehicle.
6. 2-3 years’ experience in Quality Engineering preferred
7. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent