Pay Rate: $19.00/hr (Junior level)
Temp to Hire (based on performance/budget)?: This is expected to be long-term temporary. Subject to consideration for perm at a later date.
1. DESCRIPTION OF OVERALL FUNCTION
In this position, person will maintain and balance ongoing schedules as defined by the Controller. Review accounts and perform analytical review with the month-end process. Must have knowledge and experience with accounting principles and practices and experience with working with automated systems and spreadsheets. Well-developed analytical, organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail. Must have a willingness to learn and ability to perform tasks in multiple areas of the Accounting department. Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential to serve our customers.
2. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain and support accounting practices to ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for business operations
• Enter, proof, and process accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Prepare and reconcile required records, reports and files in a timely and organized manner
• Analyze, investigate and verify transactions
• Assist in the month-end closing.
• Other Duties as assigned
3. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
• Associates Degree or above in Accounting
• Minimum of two to three years’ experience in accounting
• Proven knowledge of accounting processes and procedures with background in A/R and A/P and overall general ledger responsibilities.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office.
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to problem solve, and research issues
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to work extended hours as required
4. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
a. Experience in a high volume, complex business.
b. Experience in other areas of accounting.
c. Requires minimal supervision, works independently
d. Help with process of writing policies and procedures to streamline workflow