The R&D Electrical Engineer will work under the direction of the R&D Manager. This individual is responsible for providing engineering support in the areas of HW design, testing drafting, documentation, technical support, design drawing creation, quality improvements, and cost reduction.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with design of PCB assemblies – from specification to design, prototype, and manufacturing
• Wire harness design, documentation and fabrication
• Updating redline drawings, drafting schematics and system drawings in AutoCAD
• Create updates to technical data such as installation and operation manuals, onelines, etc. as necessary.
• Software regression testing, coordination, and feedback agent to Software Design team
• Integrates new designs into BOM system.
• Use various communication protocols to validate system functionality - including Modbus RTU and Modbus TCP/IP
• Work closely with technical support engineers on customer escalations to engineering. This often includes reproducing and fixing bugs reported by customers.
• Software development and improvements in field support capabilities such as better diagnostic tools.
• Primary coordinator and communication interface for Field Service team
• Maintaining communication within the development team
• Resolve electrical component obsolescence issues by working with purchasing
• Write test specifications and procedures for electrical and electromechanical assemblies.
• Provide test fixture support for manufacturing, QA, and contract manufacturers.
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering (or similar)
• 3+ years of experience in Analog/Digital HW and PCB design using Altium
• 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: product design, new product release, test engineering, manufacturing support.
• 1+ years of industry drafting experience in AutoCAD
• Technical writing experience a plus
• Solid debugging skills.
• Proficiency with basic EE tools (Oscilloscopes, Network analyzers, Signal Generators, etc.)
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing.
• Strong knowledge of PDM/PLM software systems a plus.
• Industrial control panel manufacturing experience a plus.
• Experience with DSPs, microcontrollers, and programmable logic devices a plus