This position is responsible for all aspects of the in-process vision inspection systems including concept, design and integration, including hardware and software engineering. Responsible for designing and integration of electrical hardware controls engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Compliance with company, legal, and regulatory requirements for Health, Safety, and Environmental topics in order to foster a culture of Health & Safety.
· Executes hardware product design, feasibility studies, preparation of specifications and technical documentation.
· Carries out engineering solutions and designs in compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements and project specifications.
· Develops electrical schematic hardware drawings and electrical cabinets.
· Prepares electrical hardware documentation for customer approval, equipment build and shipment to customer.
· Evaluates solutions in respect to feasibility and cost effectiveness.
· Addresses potential problems and carries out appropriate actions individually or proposes solutions to the project engineer depending on the severity of the problem.
· Regular attendance at the assigned job site(s).
· Supports communication with customers, suppliers and company project team regarding all controls issues in assigned project in support of the Project Manager.
· Other duties may be assigned as required.
Work Experience, Education & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 2 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports and operator/service manuals.
- Ability to perform customer training.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to utilize personal computer equipped with electronic database, spreadsheet, word processor and AutoCAD software with high proficiency.