West Burlington, IA, US
Job Title: Engineering - Mechanical Engineer 3
Job Description: ****Targeting candidates with 4-7 years of exp****
*****Please keep pay-rate below $40/hr*****
R&D Engineer: LV Switchgear/Busway
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Develop, design, prototype build, and design verification of low voltage Electrical Distribution Equipment through new product development or product modification activities.
- Develop mechanical components, systems and/or technologies for low voltage busway and identify opportunities to improve existing products.
- Ensure appropriate documentation (layout/ 3D design assembly/2D drawings / Bills of Material).
- Ensure expected results in terms of quality, execution time, and cost.
- Use design tools (like 2D / 3D, spreadsheets, and other in-house product development tools and processes.
- Develop new products or improvements / modifications to existing products, including product concept, design documentation, as well as testing of the design in the laboratory.
- On assigned design tasks, meet schedule and cost requirements.
- Create definitions of parts, modules, and assemblies in the form of 2D drawings, 3D models, tolerance stack-ups, and other data to support analysis, manufacturing, assembly, tooling, and inspection needs.
- Create CAD models in a linked model environment using Creo, as well as check, validate, and issue Creo associated drawings.
- Work as part of a cross functional team including manufacturing, sourcing, global engineering, and systems engineering in developing and on-going support of state of the art for Electrical Distribution Equipment
- Manage resolution of technical issues including root cause analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Prior 2 years’ experience as design engineer
- CAD experience with Creo or other 3D CAD software.
- Change management experience (Windchill or other)
- Demonstrated ability to meet schedules in product design.
- Working knowledge with MS Office
- Excellent analytical skills, positive attitude, and ability to work within a project team environment.
- Expertise evaluating and resolving thermal, short circuit, arcing fault, structural/seismic design issues in Switchgear/Busway product lines.
- Familiar with agency requirements for IEC, NEMA, UL, and the process by which products are certified.
- Working knowledge of NPI (New Product Introduction), Change Management ), Design For Six-Sigma, and Design For Reliability processes.
- Experience and practice in using LEAN practices and tools.
- Ability to identify, quantify, and resolve technical problems
- Ability to work under pressure and meet project schedules
- Ability to design, develop, analyze and document product designs which meet the functional, cost, reliability, manufacturability, and safety requirements of the customer or market
- Strong team builder and team player with the demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional, global, environment.
- Demonstrated initiative, drive, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.