Temp to Hire (based on performance/business needs)?: Yes
Prepare complete documentation packages including all drawings for Relay Protection and Control Panel systems. Systems containing microprocessor, solid state, electro/mechanical relays and associated typical equipment. Drawings and documents prepared with lead direction of Electrical Design Engineers, Drafting Supervisor, and/or Design Drafting Coordinator.
1. Prepare complex electrical schematics, panel arrangement layouts, electrical wiring diagrams, detail drawings, punch details and all related documentation.
3. Drawings designed under the direction of project engineer, drafting supervisor, and/or drafting coordinator, per project specifications. Such drawings might include but are not limited to:
• Single line and three-line AC schematics
• AC & DC elementary diagrams
• Switchboard panel assembly layouts
• Wiring diagrams – device point to point termination configuration
• Equipment mounting plates, drill plan details, and assemblies
• Bill of Materials, Circuit Schedules, Wire label lists, Nameplate schedules
4. Prepare layout drawing of panel assemblies, apply critical dimensions to create new or modify existing designs.
5. Prepare project documentation and drawings per department cad standards and procedures.
6. Check own work for accuracy as required.
7. Organized and detailed with project development and coordination.
8. Perform as lead for individual projects; provide document status updates to drafting supervisor.
9. Provide training to new drafting team members.
10. Perform drafting check of others for accuracy.
11. Assist with preparation of drafting process checklists and standards.
12. Performs job function requiring minimal direction.
• 5+ years with AutoCAD 2015 or higher and MicroStation V8i CAD software is REQUIRED.
• 2+ years Bentley Substation cad software is REQUIRED.
• 2+ years of related technical college or vocational training in principles of electricity, electronics and electrical drafting, or core drafting courses and significant work experience in drafting. Formal training in the use of Computer Aided Drafting equipment is required.
• Knowledge of electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, and mechanical detail/assembly drawings is required.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Experience with Pro/Engineer, and/or SolidWorks 2007 version or higher is preferred.
• Experience and background in IT and system administrative experience to support application installations, upgrades, troubleshooting, and maintenance of software systems is preferred.
7:00am-3:30pm (M-F), OT may be required