View all jobs
Customer Quality EngineerNovi, MI
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application and maintenance of quality standards for industrial process, materials and products for customer program(s) assigned
- Assumes lead for all Quality Assurance functions for assigned Program(s)
Experience & Qualifications
- Active participation in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process.
- Responsible for completion of all Quality Department tasks for a specific programs
- Coordinate activities and compile information for PPAP submissions.
- Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation.
- Devise sampling procedures, design and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating and reporting quality.
- Maintain monthly customer concerns report, update Paynter Charts, etc.
- Ensure compliance to established methods and procedure for disposition of discrepant material and devise methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Interaction with customers on quality issues. Attend customer meetings, both virtually and onsite as required
- Compile and write training material and conduct training sessions on quality control activities.
- Interaction with customers on all program quality related tasks and issues
- Active participation in Problem Solving/Root Cause Analysis and writing of Quality Corrective Action Plans in 8-D format.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in QA strongly preferred. Experience interacting with Automotive OEM customers regarding quality issues preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related area strongly preferred.
- Basic Microsoft Skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) Knowledge of Minitab a Plus.
- Knowledge of the requirements of IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 (Auditor Training a plus).
- Working knowledge of Automotive OEM's Specific Customer Requirements a plus.
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time to domestic and international customer sites.