Operational Buyer to support our Procurement Team.
This position places less emphasis on the customer negotiation side of the position and more focus on the administrative side of the procurement function. The position is responsible for supporting the sourcing of electrical hardware, hydraulic, pneumatic, and make-to-print mechanical details. The purchasing authority level is capped at 50k.
• Reviews and processes all material purchase requests on a day to day basis to include stock lists, requisitions, and quality non-conformances.
• Purchases and quotes assigned commodities in a timely manner.
• Reviews total cost and deliveries from suppliers, negotiating prices and/or delivery as required.
• Advises the Head of Procurement of cost overruns or delivery problems.
• Reviews supplier deliveries on an ongoing basis and updates the computer system with the latest promise date, if changed.
• Performs supplier audits/surveys in accordance with quality procedures, as required.
• Acts as liaison between suppliers and company.
• Minimum of an associate’s degree in a related field (i.e. business-centric)
• 3-5 years of experience working in a procurement-based role in the automation industry
• Experience working with SAP
Duration of assignment
• Two months; end date dependent on return to work of our employee