"Programming, start-up, and debug of automation equipment and on customer site. Requires in depth knowledge of ladder, logic, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic circuitry, and solid understanding of mechanical sequencing of machinery.
• Interprets mechanical sequence and controls drawings and writes ladder logic to customer specifications.
• Verifies machine build to match drawings.
• Verifies all peripheral equipment is in place, functional and safe to operate.
• Verifies that machine was powered up correctly.
• Works with electricians, pipe fitters and builders to check hardware for correct build, piping wiring and operation.
• Verifies that all safeties are in place and operational.
• Checks for correct wiring of all interfaces to peripheral equipment.
• Works with robot programmers to establish correct PLC-Robot interface.
• Loads ladder logic and configures PLC hardware.
• Debugs ladder logic to match correct manual and automatic sequence.
• Works closely with project management, controls, and customer to make sure machine operation meets the customer’s requirements.
• Works with robot programmers, pipe fitters and builders to achieve cycle time.
• Makes sure machine goes through successful 20 hour run and customer buyoff.
• Provides updated drawings to controls department.
• Provides hardcopy and disk of all programs to controls and to documentation department.
• Implements changes and verifies correct completion.
• Understands and follows safety & environmental regulations and identifies safety/environmental concerns.
• Adheres to the Quality Systems and participates in continuous improvement.
• Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
• Turn in time sheet on time and accurately."
1) Rockwell Servo Controls Systems
2) Rockwell drive logix
3) Rockwell motion programming software
4) Siemens Servo Controls Systems
5) Siemens motion programming software
6) Vision measurement systems and vision interface
7) Solid understanding of cartesian coordinate systems.
8) Solid knowledge and understanding of robotics and robotics controls