|Temp to Hire (based on performance/business needs)?: Yes
This individual is responsible for providing engineering support in the areas of design, testing, drafting, documentation, technical support, project management, and cost reduction. Combination of Project Manager and Technical Engineering responsibilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Create updates to technical documentation such as installation and operation manuals as necessary
• Provides new product engineering support and interfaces with manufacturing on new product launches
• Supports design validation system testing efforts
• Integrates new designs into BOM system.
• Resolves component obsolescence issues
• Provide test fixture support for manufacturing, QA, and contract manufacturers.
• Track and communicate project status, plans, issues, timelines, action items, and budgets.
• Collaborate with other functional or cross-functional groups to ensure that project goals are met.
• Effectively communicate project status to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
• Proactively manage changes to project scope, identify potential risks, and devise contingency plans
• Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
• B.S. in Engineering (or similar) is required.
• 2+ years of experience as a technical project manager
• 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas is required: product design, new product release, test engineering, manufacturing support.
• 1+ years of industry drafting experience in AutoCAD is required.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to work independently and in a group
• Self-starter attitude with initiative
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering
• Technical writing experience
• Solid debugging skills
• Proficiency with basic EE tools (Oscilloscopes, Network analyzers, Signal Generators, etc.)
• Knowledge of Product Life Cycle software systems
• 3D modeling experience
• Comfortable working with hand and power tools