PAYROLL TAX LIAISON & ACCOUNTABILITES
Monitors payroll tax activity.
• Collaborates with team along with various workstreams to resolve employee inquiries/cases within the SLA timeframe. Documents the source, seeks proper approvals, determines any necessary transactions & documents them according to policies that will effectively substantiate action(s) taken. This includes timely execution of all tax updates on employee records.
• Accountable for analysis of payroll or Masterdata related entries that impact the accuracy of tax withholding or reporting. Helps identify drivers for these abnormalities, researches, analyzes and documents as well as propose corrective action.
• Responsible for recording, monitoring, and resolving agency tax notices & tracers with 3rd party provider & government agencies, as well as validating of all agency responses.
• Performs detailed jurisdictional reconciliations for internal & external audits.
• Creates adhoc reporting to support internal & external functions.
• Researches and remains current with payroll tax compliance laws and regulations covering the US regions & provides payroll tax guidance & awareness of applicable changes & provides appropriate recommendations.
• Assists with Year-End processing and closing
• Assists with HRSP and regression testing collectively with team. Develops test cases and tests BSI Tax updates. Keeps SAP and BSI tax configuration current by submitting requests for applicable changes, such as rates and new tax authorities.
• Collectively collaborates with team to proactively monitor internal controls to ensure accuracy, compliance and timely tax filing & reporting to government authorities.
FILING AND DEPOSITS
Proactively audits and validates payroll tax filings / reports submitted on behalf of by our 3rd party service provider. This position reviews & confirms that all payroll tax deposits are accurate and executed on-time to eliminate any late filing penalties. Position identifies unusual transactions, escalates when appropriate, coordinates resolution and interacts with 3rd party payroll provider. Leads Quarter Balancing & Year End processes with ADP Tax Services.
INTERNATIONAL PAYROLL TAX AND REPORTING
Initiates and records earnings and tax adjustments into the applicable payroll system, as requested by 3rd party International Tax Partner (PWC). Ensures appropriate documentation exists to prove our employee’s taxable wages and tax liabilities. Engaged in payroll transactions related to Expatriate & Inpatriate employees, and monitors the impacts to their taxation.
SARBANES-OXLEY AND INTERNAL CONTROL
Provides recommendations for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements. Confirms that all controls are functioning as designed and proactively identifies areas for improvement in internal controls. Includes testing of segregation of duties (SOD), testing of payroll service’s controls and identifies “gaps”, as well as participating in annual SOX testing and validation exercises.
Assists with quarterly and annual audit engagements with Internal & External Auditors. Ensures informational requests are documented, information is provided and that any issues are clearly identified and resolved.
Assists with implementation of key strategies and projects as identified or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or related field AND 2 years of Payroll Tax Accounting experience; OR Associate’s degree in business, accounting or related field and 4 years of Payroll Tax Accounting experience or High School Diploma and 6 years of Payroll Tax Accounting experience.
Professional Skills Preferred:
• ADP Tax Services/ADP FACS experience preferred
• Knowledge of Payroll tax reporting and compliance in a multi-state / large corporation
• Proficient in MS Excel spreadsheet and database design and creation: pivot tables, “What if” analysis, data extraction and reporting.
• Proficiency with ERP general ledger system.
• Must maintain confidential information discreetly and protect employee privacy.
• Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, adapt well to changing priorities to meet deadlines and work on various initiatives concurrently
• Critical thinking skills needed to investigate and resolve issues
• Ability to work in a flexible environment where requirements and procedures continuously evolve
• Highly ethical, analytical, team-oriented, flexible, inquisitive & logical.
• CPP designation is preferred
• SAP payroll Module experience preferred