|Temp to hire (based on performance/business needs)?: Yes
Pay Rate: $25.00-30.00/hr
The Project Engineer will work under the direction of the Project Engineering Manager. This individual is a hands-on engineer responsible for coordinating cross-functionally on engineering projects. These projects will consist of large customer orders, field service retrofits, sub assembly outsourcing efforts, design for manufacturing, obsolete part replacement, and quality improvements. Assignments can variety in scope.
• Works with sales and production to ensure that products conform to customer expectations and to determine corrective actions necessary to bring product within specification.
• Creates BOMs, electrical drawings, and other technical documentation for use by production and field service technicians
• Assists with the production of equipment when needed
• Assists with troubleshooting of electrical issues in production test and/or customer sites
• Creates updates to technical data such as installation and operation manuals as necessary
• Works independently, applying established standards and instructs or coaches others
• Acts as the lead technical contact for order related products
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering (or similar)
• CAD experience
• Experience with Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel and Word
• Verbal and written communications skills on both technical and non-technical levels
• Time management and project management skills
• Ability to work independently or in a group
• Self-motivated, eager to learn, with a continuous improvement mindset
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage workload while contributing to a positive, team-oriented work environment
• Hands on experience with power products is strongly preferred (PDU - Protocol Data Units, UPS - Uninterruptible Power Sources, RPP - Remote Power Panels, STS - Static Transfer Switches). Any relevant experience should be outlined in the candidates' resume.
• 2+ years of AutoCAD drafting experience
• Skilled with the use of a variety of hand and portable tools
• Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and detailed electrical schematics
• Familiarity with ECN’s (Engineering Change Notices), BOM’s (Bill of Materials), documentation systems
• Familiarity with regulatory agency (UL, IEC, etc.) requirements
• Technical writing experience
• Knowledge of a Product Life Management (PLM) software system a plus
• Value engineering (design-for-cost) and Design for Manufacturability (DFM) experience a plus
8:00am-5:00pm (M-F) with some flexibility. OT as required based on business needed.