Job TItle: Production Development Technician
1. Production Process: Participates in the sequence definition, cycle time calculation, and analysis of the working phases of new production processes/products. Shares cycle time data with internal teams.
a. Collaborates with SCM and facilitates vendor managed and consumable items process on behalf of production.
b. First contact person for all team members needs and facilitates the resolution of production department issues. Escalates to Production Manager and/or other managers as required.
c. Ensure torque verification and calibration of equipment. Participates in the definition of action plans, training of relevant production teams and other support activities during the internal/external process and equipment start-up.
2. Production Training: Supports production during start-ups by training indirect and direct staff.
3. Production Documentation: Prepares technical documentation regarding the process phases and the related methods and cycle times.
4. Operations Improvement: Together with the production manager identifies and recommends improvement opportunities and implements improvement projects, ensuring adherence to timeframe, quality and cost requirements. Utilizes the 4Q Program (the standard process improvement methodology) training and methods. Collaborates with Production Development team to integrate new and update technologies and lean manufacturing principles into production processes.
5. Customer Relations: Supports the customer complaint resolution process (CCRP) as a resolution owner for production related issues that involve assembly methods, processes, and equipment.
6. Health, safety and environment (HSE). Assesses risks and safety hazards and implements plans to ensure people and equipment safety. Responsible for scheduling, conducting, and updating all JSA, Ergonomic risk assessments on an annual basis or as required. Responsible for conducting and managing all ILP and resulting actions as required
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
Knowledge – BS Engineering (IE/ME preferred); Alternately BS/BA Operations Management with experience in assembly environment or Associate Degree in a Technical or Manufacturing Field with demonstrated experience in assembly
Skills – Proficient with MS Office Suite; AutoCad, Adobe suite of products
Experience – 5-10 years in Production, OPEX, Quality, Value Chain, SCM or Manufacturing roles; project management experience preferred