This role is responsible for leading project engineering as well as the mechanical design of automation and systems for engine, axle and transmission assembly lines.
Requires thorough knowledge of a specific engineering discipline plus an understanding of related disciplines to coordinate activities, analyze and resolve problems crossing disciplines and to develop new concepts for programs. Technical input, recommendations and decisions may impact the organization's effectiveness and customer relations. Requires ability to interface effectively, internally and with customers.
1. Design, analyze, and evaluate systems, products or components, requiring a high degree of technical expertise.
2. Design and develop complex models or simulations and apply advanced computer programs, analytical techniques or control strategies to effectively meet requirements and resolve problems.
3. Act as principal investigator or lead a group of engineers/designers investigating problems, developing solutions and preparing related recommendations and reports.
4. Conduct economic studies and prepare or lead the preparation of specifications, proposals for contracts, licensing and safety documents, and obtain required approvals.
5. Represent the group in meetings and conferences; interact with customers to resolve significant technical issues and develop related action plans.
|Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
Mechanical Engineering encompasses a variety of engineering assignments such as planning, designing, and modifying machinery, equipment and products. It also co-ordinates activities internally and with other groups to effectively accomplish objectives requiring knowledge of associated functions and related engineering fields.
Assist the “Lead PE” under limited direction, perform a variety of complex engineering assignments requiring in-depth knowledge of a specific engineering discipline plus an understanding of related disciplines to cost effectively achieve objectives. Assignments typically require the use of advanced and innovative techniques. Proactively seek and implement initiatives to improve operations and increase customer satisfaction.
Skills – Proficient with MS Word, Excel; AutoCad, SolidWorks or 3D drafting software a plus
Strong knowledge of assembly equipment, specifically in Engines, Axles and Transmission
Experience – High School Diploma or GED AND 9 years of experience in engineering, controls, mechanical, electrical, design, robotics, automation OR, Associate's Degree AND 7 years of experience in engineering, controls, mechanical, electrical, design, robotics, automation OR, Bachelor's Degree plus 5 years of experience in engineering, controls, mechanical, electrical, design, robotics, automation