Health Safety & Environmental Specialist
The Health, Safety and Environmental Specialist will provide technical support and guidance to the Morristown, TN operations to meet assigned objectives. In this role, you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action as well as short-term and long-term planning.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
·Provide input to Health, Safety & Environmental leader and/or site management on various HSE issues
- Assist in the identification, analysis, and development of controls to eliminate or minimize hazards that exist.
- Provide advice, support, training, and reporting to management and workforce to achieve HSE objectives and maintain compliance.
- Initiate and influence integration of HSE policies and practices into the business
- Assist in implementation of HSE programs and procedures to ensure compliance
- Develop and maintain general knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements
- Assist employees, leaders, consultants and contractors on related HSE issues
- Administer compliance tracking programs and record keeping systems
- Assist in conducting HSE education programs
- Be the liaise and develop solid relationships with internal and external customers
- Measure, audit and evaluate the effectiveness of HSE processes and assist in taking the necessary steps to eliminate the risks from the workplace.
- Monitor and participate (as required) in accident investigations to ensure that root-cause analysis is appropriately conducted, and corrective actions address these causes.
- Communicate well with employees and management on related HSE programs and their impact.
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, Company programs and policies, and established precedents.
-Bachelors Degree in Health/Safety/Environmental or similar field
-2 years of Safety experience in a production / industrial environment.
- Knowledgeable on the applicable HSE regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated ability in driving proactive compliance assurance and HSE culture
- Demonstrated self-starter with ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects / responsibilities simultaneously
- Effective influencing skills - proven ability to work with management and hourly employees
- Results-oriented: drive effective short-term actions
- Proficiency with computers and digital / online systems
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, effectively communicate internally and externally across all organizational levels, departments, and functions
- Demonstrate change agent skills
- Greenbelt Certification or equivalent Quality certification
- Formal Leadership Training Program
- Professional certification in HSE (e.g. CSP, CIH, ACS, CHHM, etc.) preferred
- Ability for creative problem solving