: The Lead Controls Engineer is directly responsible for overseeing all aspects of controls design, programming, trouble shooting and start up. Direct daily activities of Electrical Controls Designers, and PLC/HMI Programmers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritize, schedule and delegate work assignments, and directly supervise day-to-day controls design to ensure the meeting of revenue and profit goals. Ensure that all groups meet their performance expectations and work within their budgetary constraints.
- Develop electrical schematics, control panels and PLC/HMI software.
- Review, check and red-line electrical schematics, control panels and PLC/HMI software to assure conformity to codes and customer specifications.
- Oversee the selection and specification of electrical controls components and work with purchasing to assure products are procured based on long lead and short lead items.
- Attend internal and external design reviews with team and clients.
- Act as the main Electrical liaison between clients and team.
- Assist in the startup and debug systems during buy off.
- Partner with field service group to ensure resolution of problems and direct initiatives to assure client satisfaction from an electrical point of view.
- Assist in the evaluation of staff’s work performance through semiannual reviews.
- Assist in establishing and implementing departmental policies, goals, objectives and procedures that will maximize revenue and increase efficiency.
- Assist in monitoring safety procedures of facility.
- Develop standards and quality for the design and development of electrical controls systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of ten years Electrical Engineering experience (including PLC, HMI, VFD and more)
- Two to five years supervisory experience
- Microsoft Office
- Understanding of NFPA70, NFPA79, and UL508
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Basic understanding of AutoCAD and/or EPLAN