Assists Project Managers and Project Team to successfully execute projects. Support Project Manager in the scheduling, budgeting, and issue resolution duties from project inception through launch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain machine specifications.
- Coordinate engineering activities during the simultaneous engineering phase of the project; monitor adherence to project schedule and quality management process.
- Ensure that all required inputs for start of design are complete and that handoffs between internal groups are managed smoothly.
- Manage project variations regarding scope, cost, and delivery schedules; ensure clear understanding with customer.
- Participate in team buffer recovery efforts including but not limited to, material status review, project team, and organizational coordination and re-planning efforts as necessary.
- Assist Project Manager in budget maintenance efforts as necessary which includes quoting, loading purchase orders, and invoicing.
- Participate in Project Team issue resolution including documenting and coordinating efforts within the project team and others in the organization; facilitate daily issues meetings with customer.
- Participate in assigned cost unit design reviews.
- Participate and coordinate internal and/or customer runoff activities.
- 2 - 4 years work experience in automation assembly systems, powertrain assembly preferable.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with SAP for material release and tracking is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Project or other related project management software.
- We use a system called Workfront.
- The individual should possess a competent skill level in developing: R&M Plans; LCC Estimates; MTBF/MTTR Estimates; DFA/DFM Study; Proposal; Cost Estimate; Budget; D&B Specification; and a Cost-to-Complete CTC.
- The individual must be able to overcome objections and perform value-added selling at a competent skill level.
- Willing to travel locally.