This position will require 80%+ travel. Travel may be within the United States or Mexico. Candidate must have a valid passport or able to acquire a valid passport prior to the start of their assignment. Candidate must be eligible to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship.
Work schedule: Variable based on client requirements. Historically, the average work week exceeds 40 hrs. Must be available to work overtime as needed.
Responsiveness, communication and continuous follow-up are key components of providing excellent customer service to our customers. the Robotics Field Service Engineer position has a high impact on corporate revenues and on effectively servicing customers. This person is a primary interface between the customer and the Robotic Service Organization and plays a significant role in determining the Company’s image as viewed by the customer. The field organization is greatly dependent on this person’s efficient follow-through and communications.
1. An On call position to perform emergency repairs of Robotic system equipment in the field
2. Provide system integration support of robots to designated build shops as well as the end users
3. Perform robot program changes such as logic, software and path alterations through either off-line or on-line methodology
4. Have mechanical aptitude for performing any mechanical component repair or replacement
5. Provide robot specific or systems training in an informal environment to customers as required
6. Have knowledge of PLC communications and other robotic peripheral equipment
7. Ability to communicate with customers (external and internal) in high pressure situations and maintain strong customer relationships
8. Ability to be proactive to support customer needs
9. Strong initiative in finding work activities during slow periods
10. Capable of traveling on short notice and handle rigors of air travel
11. Submit Sales leads for additional Robotic and system opportunities
12. Communicate work location and status daily
• Associates Degree in a technical discipline
• 3+ years of mechanical, electrical, robotic, controls, field service, programming, or engineering experience.
• Good electronic and Mechanical Experience (2+ years’ experience).
• Related applications experience preferred: Spot welding, Arc welding, paint & Sealant applications, etc. (2+ years’ experience).
• Troubleshooting through deductive reasoning.
• Have mechanical aptitude for performing any mechanical component repair or replacement.
• Have knowledge of PLC communications and other robotic peripheral equipment.
• Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organization skills – detail-oriented.
• Customer service background highly desirable.
• Experience working with little or no supervision.