Marketing Events & Communications Project Manager
Manage Power Grids tradeshows, conferences, and customer events. Lead project teams that may include US and global team members across Power Grids business lines to establish event goals and objectives and provide feedback on event performance and results. Develop and manage budgets, organize all logistics and reconcile invoices and financials. Leverage knowledge about assigned market segments to provide guidance that will maximize the value of tradeshow and event participation. Events can range from conferences, associations, small trade shows or events to multiple business trade shows and events.
1. Develop and manage events budgets, including auditing of invoices and financial reconciliation. Establish budgets and track costs throughout the course of the project and communicate scope changes that effect budget in a clear and timely manner.
2. Work with the PG US management to identify and evaluate tradeshows for participation or continuation, including competitive analysis.
3. Manage event logistics including installation and dismantle, signage and branding, messaging, staffing, and housing as needed.
4. Participate in planning meetings and lead tradeshow or event workstream for assigned projects.
5. Maintain event history and develop KPI dashboard to track key event statistics.
6. Manage exhibit property inventory including storage, disposal, usage fee program, and design and construction of additional branded properties as needed to support business initiatives.
7. Manage exhibit house supplier relationship ensuring that Power Grids is well served and deriving maximum value from the relationship.
8. Develop relationships with industry associations and proactively seek opportunities to promote Power Grids thought leadership and branding.
9. Identify and manage venues and external partners and vendors as needed for assigned projects.
10. Effectively negotiate with venues, tradeshow organizers and suppliers to secure the most favorable terms for Power Grids. Engage Supply Chain Management team when appropriate.
11. Create food & beverage menus appropriate for assigned events, working closely with stakeholders and caterers to ensure a quality experience within established budget parameters.
12. Work with venue staff to ensure assigned logistic work streams are aligned with the event vision and deliver flawless results.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Minimum 8 years of marketing communications experience or related area, including at least 5 managing tradeshows and events.
3. Strong organizational, project, time and budget management skills.
4. Ability to manage time lines and multiple concurrent projects.
5. Proactive in securing answers and commitments from management.
6. Ability to make decisions and judgement calls on the fly as needed.
7. Strong negotiation and collaboration skills with proven ability to influence stakeholders across all levels and functions, from front-line teammates to senior management.
8. Strong customer focus, results-oriented, and history of working/leading diverse teams effectively.
9. Technology savvy and desire to learn new tools and technology to increase efficiency and productivity. Experience with event management software is strongly preferred: Cvent.
10. High degree of creativity, resourcefulness and flexibility.
11. Ability to multi-task, prioritize under pressure.
12. MS Office proficient.
13. Ability to travel up to 30%.
14. Ability to manage total event budgets greater than $1 mln USD.
Preferred skills and relevant experience:
1. Tradeshow management certification.
2. Exhibit design experience
3. Self-starter able to suggest and recommend ideas for improvement.
Critical success factors
1. Strong team player and collaborator with strong sense of accomplishment
2. Strong verbal and written communication skills
3. Manage effectively in fast-paced and dynamic environment.
4. Creative, poised (under all circumstances) and resourceful, with a keen eye for detail.
5. Quick study regarding brand, culture, values, and business strategy.