|Temp to Hire (based on performance/business needs)?: Yes
Work Schedule: 40 hrs/wk with flexible start/end times. OT may be required during month-end close.
Rate: Open to competitive rates based on qualifications
• Jointly reviews and develops project control strategy with Project Managers / Person Responsible to develop risk mitigation plans and secure margin improvement.
• Project review meetings, process budgets and change orders, updates planned costs and closure of projects.
• Schedule, conduct and lead weekly reviews and cost deep dive meetings with project teams.
• Partner with the proposal team to insure correct cost basis included in outgoing quotes.
• Support the execution and compliance of internal controls and tax compliance, coordinating with audit lead and or Tax dept.
• Execute ongoing project review reports and analyze actual costs versus planned costs, actual project cash flow versus planned project cash flow, and actual project delivery commitments versus planned project delivery commitments.
• Continuous analysis of project performance versus budget and actual, and highlight/issue early warning of poor results.
• Execute cost variance analysis of projects and take action with the project manager / responsible, if necessary.
• Review, analyze and define risk and contingency requirements needed for projects.
• Work with project team to develop risk mitigation plans as needed for troubled projects.
• Identify margin improvement opportunities for projects and work with project team to implement plans to recognize.
• Cost center expense tracking analysis and Manager support / training.
• Analyze and advise on working capital including timely invoicing, payment terms, accounts receivable, work in process, accounts payable and advances from customers.
• Review and analyze transactions to ensure correct accounting entries according to Accounting and Reporting Guidelines.
• Forecasting project revenues and participate in Income Statement P&L and Balance Sheet forecasting for business segments.
• Finished Goods Inventory and Work in Process cost accounting, analysis and tracking.
• Release all new projects insuring budgets entered per Cost Model approved and reviewed during proposal phase.
• Perform month end processes related to projects in SAP including accruals, journal entries, labor hours, results analysis, settlement, Shared Accounting reporting, etc).
• Analyze, report, and accrue as necessary R&D costs and fees for Customer related and Non-customer related projects.
• Reports for project review: COPQ, monthly SAP project and cost related, backlog and order related, etc.
• Manage financial risks such as payment, foreign exchange through use of hedging, advance payments and other means.
• Ad-hoc report preparation and analysis as required/needed.
• Degree in accounting / finance / business; MBA is preferred but not mandatory.
• At least 5 years of experience preferred (but not mandatory) in project/business controlling or financial analysis work.
• Excel (Formulas/pivot/tables) and SAP knowledge preferred (Project and Controlling module) ERP also a plus (but not mandatory).
• Looking for someone who's comfortable with all different levels of management. Independent, able to set up meetings as needed.
• English language proficiency is mandatory, other languages are an asset.
• Good command of Excel, PowerPoint, web research tools; SAP experience much preferred but not mandatory.
• High energy and pro-active. Work independently to support project managers / person responsible.
• Able to work in a fast paced, matrix organization with a diverse work-team.