Shift: 2nd shift
THIS ROLE IS EXEMPT-status
***Pay-rate should be $25 to $30/hr based on exp***
Introduction to role: Member of the leadership team responsible for meeting operational business targets.
Directly responsible for the overall management of the assigned production departments, including all aspects of day-to-day operations to assure world class safety, housekeeping, quality, productivity, employee engagement, conduct and performance is achieved.
Plan and coordinate activities of the Production Area (Receiving, Wiring, Assembly, Shipping, Maintenance, Etc.) to effectively maximize utilization, on-time delivery and cost goals, meeting personnel and budget objectives.
Establish and maintain a world class safety first working environment. Ensure processes are being followed to produce a superior product that exceeds our Customer’s expectations. Motivate Teams to ensure that production schedules are met and maintain 100% on time Customer deliveries. Indemnify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to reduce costs and eliminate waste in the production process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Safety is our highest priority. Ensure all employees are working within our safety guidelines is paramount. Don’t look the other way.
• Supervises Second shift team Leaders and hourly employees in the Assembly, Wire, Test, Receiving, Stockroom and Shipping Areas. Coordinates production with first shift, Supply Chain, QA Test & Inspect, and Project Managers.
• Schedule the day to day work in the teams / sections to meet On-time delivery objectives through effective utilization of resources. This requires coordination with all departments to insure support prior to assigning work.
• Manage labor hours effectively to ensure production lines are running at an optimal level. Ensure payroll records are kept up to date. Effectively communicate daily goals and objectives to the Team to ensure expectations are understood.
• Direct responsibility for all department employees to ensure proper orientations, training, development, compensation and working conditions are present. Work times may include split or first shift schedules, depending upon factory demands.
• Maintain, develop and implement plans to:
1. Achieve a high level of Safety improvement targets
2. Achieve productivity improvement targets
3. Improve quality
4. Improve material flow
5. Improve housekeeping
6. Department metrics
7. Departmental procedures
• Act as a liaison between functional groups and team leaders to ensure prompt resolution of problems while maintaining productivity, creating a collaborative environment.
• Participate in teams with other functional groups on quality improvement, costing of jobs, safety, Kanban and cost control of processes
• Prepare and administer expense and capital expenditures for the Production Areas. Develop and deploy cost management and cost reduction programs utilizing a mixed approach to drive value to stakeholders.
• Insure management coverage is present when direct reports are present at the facility. (weekend work required)
EDUCATION / LICENSES / CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
• Two-year degree and min 7 years supervisor experience in manufacturing, or equivalent. Or, four year and min of 5 years supervisory experience in manufacturing
• Strong ERP systems and computer skills. Experience with SAP would be a strong plus.
• Requires the ability to work effectively with limited supervision. Understands the importance of not making decisions in isolation.
• Strong communication skills are necessary to work effectively with the management group, hourly employees, and vendors and with end customers.
• Demonstrated skills in working effectively with people with diverse backgrounds; both inside the plant environment and with external contacts.
• Interfaces with and influences management both within and outside the company.
• Operates in a fast-paced environment where critical decisions must be made quickly, and teamwork is essential.
• Knowledge of Lean concepts and process improvement / functionality is essential.