Manager, Revenue Assurance
The Manager of Revenue Assurance will have 5+ years of revenue recognition experience with a software or technology organization who wants the opportunity to take our revenue assurance function to the next level. This position would have a strong focus for both our domestic and international markets within the Americas.
Key results areas and accountabilities
The role is accountable for the following activities:
The key results areas for this role are:
- Review terms and conditions for standard and non-standard contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with ASC-606 and related pronouncements.
- Assist in preparation of global revenue and deferred revenue reports to support internal and external reporting requirements.
- Prepare account analysis and variance fluctuations for all revenue streams.
- Monthly monitoring of sales order entry to ensure compliance with revenue policies. Inclusive of researching and resolving Sales and Accounting questions.
- Manage internal control documentation and review processes surrounding the order-to-cash cycle.
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close processes, including the preparation and review of journal entries and revenue-related account analysis, reporting and reconciliations.
- Lead revenue-related quarter-end close processes.
- Prepare revenue related documentation for internal and external auditors to support results of operations and related controls.
- Prepare intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Participate in revenue analytics to provide monthly financial reporting data.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis for revenue and customer related data for various product offerings
- Support compliance with internal controls requirements, including updating documentation and policies as required.
The following skills, qualifications and experiences are required for this role:
- Strong technical accounting skills in the area of revenue recognition
- Ability to respond to requests in a timely manner
- Effective communication with internal customers
- Meet close and reporting deadlines
- Perform internal controls assigned on a periodic basis
- 5+ years in a revenue recognition role with a software or technology company
- Prior experience with a Big 4 firm is a plus
- Accounting/related 4 year degree and/or CPA.
- Experience with large ERP accounting software system required
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
- Proficient in Microsoft office skills required, including Excel
- Strong organizational skills