We currently have a full-time position for a Project Manager to support our Service department.
Activities include a leading role in project management for order fulfillment related to Automotive Powertrain Assembly and/or Test Equipment.
Project Managers need to successfully execute projects. The Project Manager is responsible for the scheduling, budgeting, and issue resolution duties from project inception through launch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Work experience and education
- Compliance with company, legal, and regulatory requirements for Health, Safety, and Environmental topics in order to foster a culture of Health & Safety.
- Ensure the customer contract is fulfilled by the equipment and services delivered.
- Investigates project parameters, analyses the project scope, develops project specifications, and defines the approach to the project including schedule.
- Provides technical direction of machine or system design.
- Procurement and tracking of customer engineering and consignment parts.
- Coordinate, attend, or lead project meetings. Includes meetings with the customer and supplier. Keeps records and minutes of meetings within the procedure of the company.
- Responsible for integration of contract changes within the procedure of the company.
- Maintain design and build specification.
- Analyze and coordinate the release of project estimates and budgets. Track project execution activity.
- Maintain project plans and monitor internal schedule against master schedule/customer requirements.
- Execute corrective actions for buffer recovery.
- Coordinate issue resolution and maintain open issue log. Monitor to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Facilitate cross-functional problem solving and issue resolution with project team.
- Facilitate customer design approvals and act as the primary contact for customer contractual and technical issues.
- Coordinate and facilitate runoff/product demonstration activity; includes internal, vendor, customer, and final run off.
- Provide feedback on customer complaints.
- Coordinate with equipment suppliers, which includes reviewing integration requirements, buy off and, invoice approval. Initiate invoice and shipping activity.
- Participate in review of quotations developed by the Proposal Department.
- Complete weekly project review status sheets.
- Complete monthly cost-to-complete process.
- Develop technical descriptions and estimates for project OCR/MERCs.
- 5 years of related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Powertrain assembly knowledge (engines, transmission, axles)
- Experienced PM – Extensive experience in design of assembly tooling/processes.
- Able to travel to customer sites - Travel required- 50%
- Planning and organizational skills – A lot of concurrent projects in motion
- Quoting experience (powertrain)
- Timeliness and attendance