CWI candidate with up to date AWS D1.1 certification.
Act as a Supplier Quality Certified Weld Inspector and interface among Suppliers, Purchasing,
Engineering and Integrated Supply Chain Management.
Mandatory: Certified Welding Inspector in AWS D1.1 specification
Duties and Responsibilities
(These are the positions essential duties and is not an all-inclusive list)
Main areas of responsibilities are:
- Perform Weld Inspections and Buyoffs
- Support sourcing strategies by coordinating with Purchasing, Engineering and Manufacturing in
order to define the weld quality criteria for outsourced fabrications.
- Perform and participate in supplier evaluation, qualification and provide input to manage risks
related to the suppliers.
- Perform Advanced Quality Planning (AQP) as required with external suppliers when applicable for
High Risk components
- Lead problem solving efforts for systematic supplier related Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs) for
- Provide training & feedback to the supplier and lead the efforts to implement steps to continuously
improve supplier performance.
- Ability to travel to supplier locations and facilities. Some international travel may be
- Specific Technologies Know-how - Welding processes to AWS D1.1 specification
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills, and the ability to coordinate teams across cross-
- Active working positive attitude
- Analysis & Problem Solving
- 4 year degree or extensive experience in engineering / manufacturing and/or supplier quality
- English: intermediate