*Targeting someone with exact SAP experience and strong Microsoft excel experience.
1. Demand plan Creates and maintains rolling 18-24 months unconstrained demand forecasts for assigned products. Assembles and analyses all data pertinent to creating an unconstrained demand plan. Facilitates running the demand review meetings. Supports Sales by providing guidance on global demand for specific products and assisting with consolidation of the worldwide demand plan. Obtains Sales’ sign-off on the demand plan for input to the Sales & Operations Planning process.
2. Methodology Partners with Sales, Projects, Finance, Product Management, and internal customers to develop best practices for rolling 18-24 months forecast (e.g. implement appropriate forecasting technique, identify macro-economic factors, review trends and monitor mix shifts amongst product family options, understand changes in demand drivers etc.) thereby improving forecast accuracy. Especially for systems businesses, the demand planner needs to include bid & proposal, project execution and reconciliation with finance.
3. Process Coordination Ensure the Demand Plan steps of the S&OP process happen on time, helping all contributors to comply with the requirements. Run the Demand Plan product and management S&OP Meetings, ensuring that all information is presented, all stakeholders are engaged, decisions are made, and execution plans articulated. Ensure the execution of the decisions made during the meetings.
6. Operations planning Assembles and analyses all data pertinent to creating a constrained order backlog plan, uses rough-cut and detail capacity planning and links it to the demand plan. Runs the Supply review process and facilitates meeting. Obtains consensus from Engineering and Production Managers for sign off by LBU Operations Manager and inputs it to the Sales & Operations Planning process.
7. Product Lifecycle Management Works with Product Management team to coordinate new product launches, phase outs and platform changes etc. and incorporate them into the demand plan.
8. Forecast accuracy Reviews and improves forecast accuracy both at the aggregate and the individual product level by identifying key root causes for forecast errors and implements initiatives to improve future forecast accuracy. Utilizing forecast accuracy framework developed by the product groups.
- At least 5 year work experience, preferably with supply chain/sourcing background. Minimum BA/BS, Supply Chain, Engineering or Business; MBA or - Masters preferred;
- Knowledge of larger project business execution and mechanical / electrical category knowledge is an asset
- Proficient with MS Office Suite; SAP knowledge is an asset
- Continuous Improvement focus, be demanding and do not accept average results, Lean Six Sigma knowledge preferred
- Able to decide when, what and how to solve the problem and then take the responsibility with prompt delivery
- Good negotiation skills in a multicultural global business environment
- Good understanding supply market, logistics, B2B
- Ability to influence others. Result oriented