We're looking for someone with a skill set in tube bending, swaging, wiring, etc.
Business Title:GC Craftsman
Basic Function: Under general supervision, performs tasks of substantial variety or complexity which require a basic knowledge of assembly techniques, tools, materials, machines, and equipment. Works from engineering drawings, diagrams/schematics, rough sketches, manuals or verbal instructions.
Typical duties/responsibilities for a GC Craftsman may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Read and interpret engineering configuration, assembly, and wiring diagrams/schematics.
• Perform assembly/construction of various products from work instructions, production orders, and specifications.
• Operating production equipment.
• May work nonstandard schedules and/or at off-site customer locations on occasion.
• Perform duties in a manner compliant with prevailing quality procedures and policies.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by Management or Team Lead.
• Attend work cell stand up meetings to discuss status and issues.
• Support skills training for others on the team.
• Support 5S practices and compliance with HSE policies and guidelines.
• Experience bending stainless steel tubing and installation of tubing fittings.
• Experience in construction of enclosures containing electronic equipment per assembly drawings and wiring electronic equipment per diagrams/schematics.
• Experience fabricating custom metal brackets, covers and misc. pieces from aluminum.
Complexity of Tasks: Follow standard practices and procedures in resolving basic and complex problems. Decisions are usually based on established precedents and may affect quality and accuracy to a degree. Errors may result in lost time and rework. Work in close association with engineers to perform unique and complex fabrication, assembly, operation, and test of products, systems, or test equipment.
Qualifications: High diploma with 0 - 2 years of experience working as a craftsman. Alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments. Capable of reading and interpreting engineering configuration and wiring diagrams/schematics.