This document is intended to describe the essential job functions and the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. It is not intended to be a comprehensive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential functions; nor is it intended to reflect accommodations made under the Americans with Disabilities Act or other return-to-work programs.
All employees are expected to execute their duties and responsibilities with the attitude and commitment to help make the company a superior competitor, employer and a desirable investment for the shareholders.
Project Management is the application of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to meet project requirements. Project management is accomplished through the processes of Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring / Controlling and Closing. Managing a project typically includes identifying requirements, addressing stakeholder needs and concerns, balancing project constraints of Scope, Quality, Schedule, Budget, Resources and Risks.
Activities include a leading role in project management for order fulfillment related to Automotive Powertrain Assembly, Body in White, Assembly, or Test Equipment and Systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Compliance with company, legal, and regulatory requirements for Health, Safety, and Environmental topics in order to foster a culture of Health & Safety.
- Define scope by creating design and build specifications and managing changes
- Responsible for project estimate and performance to budget
- Accountable for schedule and fulfillment
- Manage installation activities with customer, internal and external personnel. Responsible for installation activities at the customer site
- Drive issue resolution and maintain open issue log
- Lead project meetings with customer and supplier. Keep minutes and publish them within the procedure of the company
- Responsible for onboarding, disciplinary actions, and performance reviews (Senior level)
Supplemental Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage quotations for order changes
- Report out project status weekly and monthly
- Follow up open invoices for projects
- Other duties may be assigned as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in a related field from a 4-year college or university; with 5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities
- The individual must also be capable to develop the following: DFMEA; PFMEA; Simulation and Root Cause Analysis.
- It is essential that the individual possess a competent skill level in developing: D&B Specification (change release experience); and a Cost-to-Complete CTC (managing a budget).
- The individual must possess an understanding of the principles and components of internal combustion engines (gas, diesel), transmissions (hybrid, automatic, manual, semi-automatic), electric drive systems, and axles (drive unites, differentials).
- Preferred knowledge of controls systems Siemens, Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to utilize personal computer equipped with business system, database, spreadsheet, word processing and project management software. The individual must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Travel to customer locations as required up to 50%.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.