Existing R&D projects, as well as some Product Care projects, require support for component and/or complete unit testing and evaluation. Such tests require local Technician to coordinate testing in terms of test object assembly, set-up and maintenance of facilities.
1. Ensuring safety personnel and lab equipment / facilities.
2. Assemble test objects for component and/or complete testing at local and external facilities.
3. Material handling and organization in R&D warehouse.
4. Perform maintenance activities of lab facilities and lab test equipment.
5. Support R&D testing at external facilities, domestic and foreign.
6. Support R&D and Production testing at factory location, as needed.
7. Maintain and manage assigned tools.
Challenges: (Used only for internal purposes - area should not be posted within the job description)
1. Primary task is to perform mechanical assembly with minimal guidance working out of draft drawings and instructions.
2. Frequent changes of priorities with tight deadlines.
3. Hectic work environment with multiple tasks at the same time.
4. Frequent requirement to support tests in overseas facilities.
5. Working on new products with not fully matured processes can increase safety concerns. Candidate must be capable of evaluating tasks and communicate concerns.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
1. Minimum two (2) year degree in mechanical technology or similar.
2. Proficient in reading and interpreting part and assembly drawings.
3. Three (3) years, minimum, in assembly of circuit breakers or similar products.
4. Detail oriented, organized and self-motivated.