Proposals Manager - Job description
Within our Enterprise Software group, we solve the most complex, high-impact challenges faced by our customers—the world’s leading companies from mining and energy to defence and public infrastructure.
What Is The Role?
Play a key role in winning new business and client retention. This role coordinates the entire end-to-end tender process, including: tender receipt, bid qualification, proposition development, solution review, commercial considerations, risk management and timely delivery of high quality, compliant and commercially sound bids.
What Would You Do?
• Assemble and manage global bid teams with the relevant service / product / business knowledge.
• Work with Sales to suggest and decide on business setup/strategy for the proposed delivery
• Participate and provide input into the bid qualification (go / no-go) process.
• Engage and motivate bid team members to create compelling deal-winning materials.
• Receive input and coordinate proposal content from a variety of stakeholders, including sales, finance, legal, product, solutions and support.
• Review the terms & conditions with representatives from sales, legal and finance.
• Produce bid documentation materials that follow branding guidelines.
• Running the tender approval process according existing guidelines, including presentation of the proposal, together with responsible sales manager, to senior management.
• Contribute to the written proposal - both the presentation layer and the content layer (such as preparation of a management summary).
• Review commercial aspects and participate in commercial discussions of bids that evaluate contract implications and risks.
• Coordinate proposal risk review information and own risk tracking and management throughout the bid process.
• Use your knowledge of company and competitors' product lines to help identify key value-adds and win strategies that we should emphasise when bidding to ensure success.
• Confirm the tender aligns to our win themes and meets the defined costs to win.
• Prepare price estimates (when necessary).
• Check all necessary products and services are included in the final price to the customer.
• Support bid team members in following internal governance and administrative procedures.
• Understand our global nature: as part of a global team, availability for communications in any time zone may be necessary.
Who Are You?
• 5 to 8 years of experience in a similar role, ideally with experience in software-related tenders
• Excellent English grammar and writing skills, including the ability to draft and to review / edit documents in a concise manner and to a high standard.
• Strong communication skills to influence management and facilitate and negotiate with multiple, geographically-dispersed, internal stakeholders
• Very independent, self-motivated and responsible person
• Good leadership skills
• Good administrator who keeps order in the vast amounts of information, calculations and technical documentation
• High proficiency with tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint, Office 365, etc.
• Sound commercial understanding and risk management skills.
• Strong process, organisation, coordination and multi-task focus.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including and ability to coordinate and drive the team towards a common goal
• A Bachelor's Degree
• Proficiency in a second European (i.e. French, Dutch, German, Swedish) and/or Spanish language would be an asset but not required.