· Collaborates with team along with various workstreams to establish best practices for Hire-to-Retire Payroll processes.
· Performs End-to-End, Unit and Parallel testing to ensure that all employee earnings and deductions, at point of final calculation, are accurate and are made in compliance with payroll tax and legal requirements and ABB Group internal compensation policies
· Assists with implementation of key strategies and projects as identified or assigned.
· Ensure compliance with policies, regulations, wage tax laws, segregation of duties, SOX and other federal and state legislation impacting payroll
· Streamline payroll procedures; recommend and implement changes and provide solutions to Human Resources and Finance
· Coordinate tax set ups and filings in various states and localities
· Resolve escalated payroll issues and provide expert payroll knowledge regarding special payrolls, garnishments, and taxation
· Support business process strategies for end-to-end Payroll processes to achieve efficiency, productivity and improved control
· Create ad-hoc reports and report accurate data to Senior Management and business partners
· Act as a subject matter expert for researching, troubleshooting and resolving integration and production issues, applying leading practices and ensuring long-standing solutions
· Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to troubleshoot, test and implement efficient solutions
· Identify trends, determine root cause, analyze future implications and determine most effective solutions.
· Promotes solid and effective internal controls as a vital and necessary component of payroll processing
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and/or experience combined and minimum 6 years of experience in Payroll.
· Experience with Workday HCM and Payroll
Professional Skills Preferred:
· Expert knowledge of payroll methods, touchpoints, end-to-end processing steps, best practices, and tax filing; up-to-date knowledge of federal, state, and local wage and hour laws
· Hands-on payroll experience with multi-state and multi-company payroll required, including Time and Attendance Management
· Organized and focused to drive meaningful results, process improvements, manage complexity, and meet operational deadlines
· Experience with system upgrades or implementations (HCM, Payroll, Workday); advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, pivot tables, and complex formulas
· CPP Certification a plus