Contract to Hire Role
This role will focus on planning, organizing, and integrating cross-functional infrastructure and application requirements such as: Application Mapping and Migration, network remediation, structured cabling remediation while liaising with other technical groups such as: server teams, VM teams, application teams, facilities, etc.
This position is located in Memphis, TN and will consist of periodic domestic travel as per client demand within the Memphis area. The role calls for great communication and analytical skills, with the ability to bridge to gap between the business and IT.
• Identify and sequence core project activities while compiling the details into a document (schedule).
• Explain implications of changes to project scope and/or objectives to the client business unit and to the project team.
• Lead the team to prioritize signed off project work based on analysis of strategic importance, tasks outstanding, obstacles or barriers, budgets, resources and deadlines.
• Manage the client stakeholders, team members, or contract personnel to design a solution and establish associated project time lines and budgets that allow for the delivery of the most strategic functionality within the project constraints.
• Establish and maintain a usable and well-communicated schedule for all phases of a project.
• Fundamental understanding of cost management.
• Accurately forecast project financials, utilization, and cost performance.
• Create initial project budget and manages project budget during execution.
• Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
• Sufficient proficiency in the following suite of technologies to: hold conversations with experts, identify actions in meetings, and articulate meaningful updates to clients using the appropriate technology terminology. Examples of subject matter below:
• Infrastructure cabling within Manufacturing Spaces and Data Centers
• Electrical requirements for Manufacturing Spaces and Data Centers in order to support always-on devices
• Exposure to facilities environments such as: HVAC, power, and space requirements
• Understanding of wired LAN networks and all the necessary devices/components that such networks are comprised of
• Understanding of site-to-site and client-to-site connection strategies
• Fundamental understanding of key manufacturing applications such as MES
• Familiar with dealing with always-on/24-7 manufacturing applications and products
• Ability to put together equipment BOMs and track quantities of materials as per design specifications articulated by the customer
• Responsible for research on modern technical concepts and methodologies to present to clients and mentor teams
• Responsible for interpreting technical language into business-level/user-level terminology to streamline communications
• Manage scope creep through client change orders, internal change orders, phased delivery or other methods to ensure projects deliver on timeline, scope, budget, and strategy expectations.
• Evaluate all key project deliverable, as well as final product to ensure traceability of requirements, high quality and client acceptance. Responsible for formal sign off on all project deliverable; this will often include coordinating input and involvement from the account director and client.
• Ensure project meets internal and client expectations with respect to quality, budget, delivery timelines, and strategy.
• Identify, track, manage and mitigate risk on specific client engagements. Escalate these issues when necessary to ensure minimal impact to quality, budget, and timeline.
• Where project control is in jeopardy, create contingency plans with appropriate input from key team members and implement a revised project schedule, scope or budget in a timely manner.
• Work with account director to ensure clients achieve an understanding of expectations, deliverable, dependencies, risks, progress and the bright works development process.
• If needed, create customized reporting for the client or team with account management and/or team leads, to secure sign off on deliverable or documentation.
• Use sound judgment in all project communication and ensure that key stakeholders including the team, client and management are apprised of project activities in a timely manner.
• Communicate progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and other key project metrics to clients and team members.
• Determine project roles of team members based on project requirements, time frames and budget.
• When necessary work with external contractors in addition to internal resources.
• Define skill sets (competencies) required for the project based on project specifications and requirements.
• Determine resource requirements (including staffing, software, hardware, and facilities) of projects, based on project specifications.
• Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Builds a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization and objectives.
• Manages day-to-day client interaction.
• Sets and manages client expectations.
• Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
• Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Senior Consultants work a standard work week but may be required to work evenings and weekends to monitor projects activities and participate in cutovers or other project efforts.
Travel outside of the greater Memphis area will not be required.
• 5-8 Years of Project Manager experience in the manufacturing/automation space
• PMP Certification Highly Preferred
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent is Highly Preferred
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office365, Project, and Visio
Job Type: Full-time
Bill Rate: $43 - $53 /hr
• IT Project Management: 3 years (Preferred)
• Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)
• Agile (Preferred)
• PMP (Preferred)