Inventory Management Specialist
Responsible for the availability of raw materials and/or finished goods. Set inventory parameters and targets. Develop and implement state of the art methods and practices to reduce requirements for storage facilities and space and to reduce the associated costs of carrying inventory.
1. Segmentation Segment the portfolio of materials through an ABC/XYZ analysis, taking into consideration product and component life cycle management, commercial, and financial policies. Define inventory policies according to this segmentation. Collaborate with local product group managers to understand the demand and supply plans.
2. Inventory Parameters Calculate and maintain the SAP inventory parameters, then collaborate with the SCM team to implement and maintain safety stock, lot size, lead time and replenishment strategies at regular intervals.
3. Inventory Controls Define, Execute, and report regular inventory analyses. Evaluate, define and lead the execution of daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports. Reports may include IDR with warehouse, COGI, and deficit clearing. Responsible to lead cycle counting and year end annual physical inventory programs. Recommend continuous improvements to controls.
6. Inventory Quality When controls reveal variances, take swift and decisive action to contain the variance. Then utilize L6S to lead the RCA and then assign corrective action to your peers in other functions. Influence and escalate if there is a lack of ownership or performance from others’ corrective actions.
7. Inventory Performance Analyze excess and obsolete/aging inventory. Defines, leads, and implements appropriate actions for optimizing inventory performance in collaboration with local product management, material planners, planning and fulfillment manager and finance.
8. Material Master Data Understand material master data integrity’s effects on inventory controls, quality and performance. Lead the monitoring of component life cycle management. Include regular report outs and recommendations for corrective actions.
9. Operational Consultant Serve as inventory management consultant, advisor, and spokesperson for the local operations organization; influence the focus and directions of operations. Proactively develop and implement measures to improve operations and customer satisfaction.
• BS/BA related to Operations Management with experience in an assembly environment
• 8 to 12 years in production, continuous improvement, SCM, or manufacturing experience. Project Management experience is preferred.
• Proficient with MS Office Suite; SAP knowledge is strongly preferred.
• Continuous Improvement focus, be demanding and do not accept average results. Lean Six Sigma knowledge is preferred.
• Able to decide when, what and how to solve the problem and then take the responsibility with prompt delivery.
• Good negotiation skills in a multicultural global business environment.
• Good understanding supply market, logistics, B2B.
• Ability to influence others. Results-oriented.
Standard business hours; ~8:00am-5:00pm (M-F)