Contractor – Project Manager Connectivity AME region - Job Description
Power Grids IT a pioneering technology leader that IT helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help keep your lights on, the factories running, our hospitals and schools open.
We are a global leader in power technologies and aspire to be the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. To strengthen our United States Power Grids (PG) IT Delivery Operation, we are looking for an experienced IT Service Delivery Manager with strong leadership skills and proven IT Service Delivery experience.
Most of the IT operations are under TSA (Transition Service Agreement) from (former owner of Power Grids Division). During the coming 3 years, Power Grids IT services will be carved out to its own infrastructure landscape. This IT a unique opportunity to participate in such a global massive separation.
Defining with key stakeholders the scope of work, cost/budget, resources required, time schedule, and detailed work allocation.
Organizing, monitoring and controlling activities to safeguard achievement of planned stage-gates and efficient utilization of available resources.
Monitoring and controlling of project financials, as well as proactive management and mitigation of project risks.
Ensuring the successful close down of the project on project completion and the capture and documentation of lessons learned.
Executing project communication and issuing reporting for project performance against plan and business outcome.
The Infrastructure Connectivity Project Manager responsibilities are to:
- Country Site migration to new SDWAN network in region AME
- Transferring LAN and Wireless LAN services into new service model
- Transferring Network Security into new service model
- IP Address change where required
- Transition of Voice / IP Telephony services (or transformation into Teams)
1. Project Management
- Overall responsibility for delivery of the Infrastructure Connectivity stream to provide the services required by all other IT functions, deliver a consistent service to the business and users and ensure that TSAs are exit-ed on-time. Oversee and/or Manage project plans, budgets, key PG stakeholders, suppliers, risks, issues and deliver effective status reporting to the PG IT Management Team.
- Manages assigned budget effectively and delivers activities within agreed schedules and costs.
3. Stakeholder Management
- Manage and develop productive relationships with IS leaders across the organization to ensure that the Con-nectivity function meets the requirements of IT and the business.
4. People leadership & development
- Manages indirectly or directly (internal/external) resources as part of the build implementation teams. Men-tors team members and shares knowledge with internal resources.
All applicants should ensure that they understand and are capable of meeting the accountabilities listed in the ‘tasks’ section for this position. Additionally, the role will require:
- Cultural awareness and the ability to work in a complex, multicultural and global team
- Be a committed team player
- Previous experience of managing large and diverse IT landscape
- Experience of IT business performance and requirements management
- Periodic travel to Power Grids locations in US when required and possible
- Relevant language skills for US
- Experience with design and transition of infrastructure services required.
- Experience in both strategic and tactical IT planning, organization and development required.
- Experience with managing vendors as well as customers required.
- Up to date knowledge of current infrastructure support trends, tools, methods and processes required.
- Proven experience in repeated implementation of successful large corporate level programs.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint, as well as project management tools and concepts
- Good knowledge and practice of the ITIL framework required
- IS and organizational Transition and transformation experience is beneficial
- High level of flexibility, creativity and dependability required.
- Strong organizational and workload prioritization skills required.
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills in English required.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical audiences, to convey IT information and processes in a clear and concise fashion.